- 640 10th Avenue, San Diego, California 92101
Jon's birthday dinner spot...anywhere that has a daily cut of grass fed bison is a must go in our book.
Daily cut grass fed bison oscar style (crab mixture in bearnaise sauce), asparagus and mashed potatoes
the steak was so tender and flavorful which was only enhanced by the creamy béarnaise sauce.
Roasted duck breast with dried cherries
GF items denoted on the menu and very accommodating for our gluten free lifestyle. Seriously one of the best steaks ever.
George's at the Cove
- 1250 Prospect Street, La Jolla, CA 92037
- The ocean terrace is a must!! Make sure you go during sunset and soak in the amazing view and delicious food.
- Northern Halibut: herb crusted, white corn, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato viniagrette
- Sesame Crusted Tombo: baby bok choy, oyster mushrooms, leek fondue, miso-soy vinagrette
- Stuffed dates: goat cheese, almonds, bacon, pickle-tomato sauce
- Vanilla creme brûlée: topped with blueberries and popcorn
- They don't indicate any gluten free items but were able to accommodate when we asked.
- Various Locations
After our last show together in San Diego this was our first cheat meal post contest. We have tried gluten free pizzas from tons of places and this one is definitely one of the better ones. I don't remember the exact pizza we got but it had a ton of meat on it and it was awesome!
- Various Locations
We first discovered burger lounge on a trip down to San Diego a couple years ago. They have since spread up to our area in Orange County which is a good thing because I don't think more than 2 weeks goes by without me getting my burger fix. They use grass-fed meat and offer gluten free buns and nitrate free bacon. There are healthy menu options such as the paleo burger and seasonal items like grass fed lamb or bison.
- 204 N El Camino Real Suite H Encinitas, CA 92024
This place is a dream come true. Everything in the entire bakery/ cafe is free of gluten, corn, and soy which we actively avoid as well. They also have many vegan options out there for you guys. This place is so awesome we used their mini cupcakes as our main desserts at our wedding.
They have tons of sweets such as cupcakes, scones, brownies, cookies, pies, cinnamon rolls and more. They also have some pretty cool breakfast items such as biscuits and gravy (the Texan in me couldn't resist), banana stuffed french toast, crab cake eggs benedict and more. The lunch menu includes paninis, pizzas, pot pies, and pastas. If you are missing these items that normally contain gluten then try this spot out for sure!