- 1 medium-large sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 eggs
- 1- 1 ½ oz goat cheese (I like to use garlic and herb goat cheese)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning (or parsley, oregano)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower florets into food processor and turn on high until you get cauliflower rice. (I usually do this in two batches)
4. Put cauliflower rice into large microwavable bowl. 5. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. 6. Stir cauliflower rice and place back in microwave for 4-5 minutes. 7. Let cauliflower cool down
*or you can try and squeeze out the water but it’ll be hot!
8. Place cooled cauliflower rice into nut milk bag/dish towel/cheese cloth and squeeze out all the water until you get single drops of water.
9. Mix cauliflower remains with eggs, goat cheese, nutritional yeast and spices.
10. Take ~1/4 cup of mixture and roll into a ball 11. Place on parchment paper on top of baking sheet and either form tortilla by hand...
or place another small piece of parchment paper over ball mixture and use round plate/pan/baking sheet and press down.
12. Repeat with remaining cauliflower mixture.
13. Put tortillas in oven for 15-20 minutes.
*I would start checking the tortillas at 15 minutes.
*The tortillas will let you know when they are ready to flip over. They should be easy to pick up off the parchment paper. If they get stuck while you’re turning them over, let them be! Continue to cook in the oven checking every 1-2 minutes until they are easy to peel from the parchment paper.
14. Flip tortillas and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
15. Let them cool and then fill with your favorite protein!
*Grass-fed carne asada or sirloin steak or ground beef
*Eggs and bacon for breakfast tacos!
*These can also be frozen and cooked at a later time. After forming the tortillas, place them in the freezer for 30 minutes or so and then place in Ziploc bag.
Enjoy and be well!